(Source: awwww-cute, via ryden-gg)
breaking news: obama is not real. obama is a fiction of our imaginations. this country is being run by our imaginary friend, barack obama
Breaking News: Mitt Romney campaigned against an imaginary man and still lost the presidency.
(Source: jaredsadalecki, via brokenponycutiemark)
Anonymous asked: Auntie Jilli, I notice that you say you turn off a lot of vampire movies at a certain point, or that the movies are pretty but the story or an actor just isn't right for it. Do you have a perfect or favorite vampire movie?
So far, there has been no absolutely perfect vampire movie for me. A short list of “Almost, but not quite”:
- Coppola’s Dracula is beautiful, but not at all true to the book.
- The exact same thing can be said about the version of Dracula that starred Frank Langella.
- The original Tod Browning Dracula is iconic (Bela!), but again, not true to the book.
- The Lost Boys is fun (and full of attractive vampires), but I seethe over Star never being shown vamping out, and I object to the Lost Boys being killed.
- Near Dark is wonderful (the roadhouse scene!), but the last ten minutes are dreadful.
- The Hunger has the best opening for a vampire movie ever. But the rest of the movie doesn’t quite live up to that opening for me.
Honestly, the closest thing to a perfect vampire movie for me is Interview With The Vampire. Gorgeous, has amoral vampires, and doesn’t shy away from the blood. My only quibble with it is that while Tom Cruise did a great performance (much to everyone’s surprise when the movie was released), he’s still not MY perfect Lestat.
I am nurturing hopes that Only Lovers Left Alive will turn out to be my perfect vampire movie.
What she said. No, really - there’s a reason we’re stunt-spouses: We’re damned close to having identical tastes in SOME things.
gothiccharmschool asked: Once you get this you have to say 5 nice things about yourself publicly, and then send it to ten of your favorite followers
Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.
1) I’m very smart - very, very smart
2) I’m an accomplished musician/conductor
3) I’m fiercely loyal to my friends, and destructive to my enemies
4) I have a pretty nifty wardrobe, thanks to the Infamous BluJay, Kambriel, and the efforts of the StuntWife and many of our mutual friends
5) I’m fortunate to have a Family of Origin and a Family of Choice, both of whom I adore, both of whom love me
However - I won’t send this on. If my followers choose to answer something like that, that’s fine. But I only accept chain-letter-ish things like this from the StuntWife, and they stop with me. :) Cuz I AM a curmudgeon.
Obviously she’s Wonder Woman. I mean, look at this pose alone.
The Easter Sloth says zzzzz
DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN NEAR THE STUNTWIFE
All that sugar.
The best/most unnerving thing about that bit of advice from our favorite Fancy Cannibal? IT’S EXACTLY WHAT MY DAD SAID TO ME WHEN I WAS NINE.
I don’t think your dad is Hannibal Lecter.
I do believe…he could be as UNUSUAL in the BRAINSPACE, however.
JUST A LOT NICER AND LESS PEOPLE-EATY.
The Farscape Movie is Officially Happening -
Back in February we brought you news that a Farscape movie was supposedly in the works. Now Rockne O’Bannon, creator and showrunner of the original series, has confirmed that the movie is, in fact, happening.
HEY TUMBLR SOMETHING IS HAPPENING